Sunday, November 24, 2013

This passed weekend I attended the PSAHPERD Convention at Vallye Forge Convention Center.  It was the best experience of my life.  I loved every minute that I spent there.  From seeing so many amazing sessions to making new friends, everything about convention was great.  There was one session that I absolutely loved.  It was call The Hook: Instant Activities and Games.  In that session all we did was play warm-up games.  The session was awesome! I met so many new people from being put in different groups and I was laughing the whole time.  The games were so silly and fun it was impossible not to laugh.  The part I really liked was that the instructor, Dr. Fry, made sure that we did not pair up with people that we knew.   That made it so much more fun.  Also I went to a lot of great Health sessions.  The one that I remember best was on Body Systems.  The presenter was awesome.  He was so funny and he had great ways of getting the students to understand the harder concepts.  During his presentation he sang to us and overall it was a great experience.  I definitely recommend going to convention if anyone ever has the chance.  It was truly a great time.

2 comments:

  1. I also attended convention and it was amazing. I had such a good time between what I learned from sessions to the new friends I made, or just got to know the ones I had better. I really enjoyed this session with Phil D. from Lansdale Catholic. He did a session called Top Chef. He explained us an entire nutrition lesson we could use with activities to teach students. He created healthy snacks that are less than 150 calories. We also actually made the snacks in class and created nutrition labels for them too. They were delicious and great ideas. Overall I was super impressed and had an unforgettable time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The convention looked like a very fun time. I wish I was able to go. I think it would have been very fun to be with all the Slippery Rock Students and Professors. I will definetly try go to Convention next year. I'm very upset I missed it this year, but can't wait for next!

    ReplyDelete