This is a blog about my day to day life at Slippery Rock University. I am a physical education major who is also on the track and field team so I come across a lot of interesting experiances.
Monday, November 25, 2013
Today I learned a new game called angle ball. It is awesome! The basics are: you have two teams playing, one ball and two poles with a ball on top. The object of the game is to hit the ball. But you cannot go inside of the crease, if you get tagged you cannot score and if the ball goes out of bounds then it is turned over to the other team. The best part about this game is that you can run as far as you want. There's no three step rule or anything like that. So some teammates can get a fast break and run away with the ball towards the goal. I liked this game because I could throw the ball from one side of the court clear across to the other. Only thing I am good at. :) Another reason I really liked this game was because I was moving the whole time. I wasn't thinking about it because I was focused on defending but I was still moving. It was a great game to get people moving and sweating. I think that this would make a great game to work with cardiorespiratory and fitness units. After that class I went to motor development and learned about practice styles. Constant, variable, blocked and random. It was pretty interesting to learn about the different styles. I have never really thought about practicing in those ways but it makes a lot of sense to me now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love this game. I actually taught angle ball in Dr. Kovacs Territory and Activities class. I think that this game would have been fun to play in High School. I think that when I am a teacher, I will plan to play this game with my students. I can't wait to play this game again in the future.
ReplyDeleteThis is a great game! I also learned this game in Territories but I had Dr. Hesselgesser. This game is really good for getting students moving the entire class period. What is also nice about this game is that you can play this will middle and high school students. If we really wanted, we might even be able to adapt it for elementary as well!
ReplyDelete